We know you want to be thinner & healthier, but losing weight isn’t easy and despite the promises weight-loss programs make, too many people find themselves dissappointed when they don’t lose weight or gain back what they lost.
Our medical team has dedicated their lives to helping people identify the root causes of obesity and treat them accordingly. Today, thousands of people are living their healthiest life ever due to our proven Keep It Off system.
It worked for them and it can work for you!
We understand how hopeless it feels to have tried everything, only to be right back where you started. We’re different and our results are different.
About Dr. Hernried
Dr. John Hernried developed the Keep It Off program after struggling in his own life to maintain a healthy weight. Frustrated with fad diets and unattainable workout routines, he set out to create a better way. Keep It Off is the result of years of medical research and data science.
- Board-Certified Internal Medicine & Obesity Medicine
- Sacramento Magazine “Top 200 Doctors”
- Diploma from American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Solano Magazine Top Doctors in Weight Management
- Fellow in American College of Physicians
- Davis Enterprise “Top Doctors”
- Member of the Obesity Society and the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
Keep It Off Staff
Dean Tomlin, MD
Arline Yen, MD
Perri Tanner - Behavioral Health Educator
Amanda Loza - Behavioral Health Educator
Louise Crawford - Behavioral Health Educator
Elizabeth Ledesma, RD - Behavioral Health Educator
Amber Helms, NP
Lisa Tami, RD - Behavioral Health Educator
Lori E. Arguello, ANP-C, DNP
Erin Arieas, ANP-C
Why Choose Keep It Off?
We’re not new, and we’re not a fad diet. We’ve been here for decades and our patient’s success stories are proof that our approach works to help you lose weight and keep it off.
Our two-pronged approach, combining in-clinic care and mobile app technology work together seamlessly to create an incredible experience of support, accountability and convenience.
We treat obesity as the disease that it is! Here's the truth - losing weight isn't all about will power. Excess weight is a medical problem and like any disease, the best approach incorporates professional medical care.
Keep It Off Locations
Keep It Off serves patients anywhere in California, using our Virtual Appointments. but if you prefer to meet in person, we would love to see you at any of our three locations:
2929 K Street Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95816
1474 Stone Point Drive, Suite 190
Roseville, CA 95661
2035 Lyndell Terrace, Suite 120
Davis, CA 95616
The Keep It Off Program Timeline
- Meeting with our Physician
- Initial lab work
- Review Keep It Off app with Onboarding Specialist
- Choose your class
Starter Series – 4 Weeks
- Weekly classes to get going into ketosis
- Use the Keep It Off app to manage meals
- Weigh weekly and meet with medical provider
- Labs/EKG performed at regular intervals
- Exercise consultation with physiologist
- Builds your routine for the rest of the program
Weight Loss- 12+ weeks*
- Weekly classes on skill-building to achieve a lower body weight
- Weekly meetings with medical provider
- EKG and labs at regular intervals
- Body Composition analysis
Reintroduction – 6 Weeks
- Classes on going from diet to management
- Education, guidance, & instructor support
- Follow up labs and medical provider evaluation
- Exercise physiologist creates exercise plan
Management – Ongoing
- Ongoing weekly classes to help with management
- Additional behavioral, nutritional, and exercise guidance
- Monthly weight and waist measurements
- Quarterly medical appointment for first year, then biannual
* Exact number of weeks required for Weight Loss phase will vary depending on amount of weight to be lost.